Helpful Dental InformationWatertown, MA
At Pediatric Dental Arts, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Watertown, MA patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our dental office at (617) 924-1911.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. Dr. Raffa, can provide your child with a variety of solutions. All three methods allow for your child to eat and speak clearly, while also restoring your child’s smile. However, each procedure has distinct advantages that the other may not provide. To find out which procedure would work best for your child, call 617-924-1911.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Pediatric Dental Arts, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Watertown office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At Pediatric Dental Arts, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Watertown
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
For your child’s dental care, a pediatric dentist should be your No. 1 resource for care, prevention and treatment. Going to the dentist can be an anxious visit, even for adults. For a child, it is critical to feel comfortable and at ease in the dentist’s chair. Luckily, there are some tactics you can use…
A pediatric dentist can help prevent tooth decay. Early dental checkups will enable the dentist to provide treatments that can make this possible. Your dentist can guide you and your child on how to keep teeth and gums healthy. Here are some effective tips on how to prevent childhood tooth decay straight from a pediatric…
Wondering whether your child needs to undergo baby root canal therapy? Pediatric dentists are dental specialists for children, making it so many parents are choosing to take their child to a pediatric dentist to provide their child with any necessary dental services. Parents can ask this dental professional any questions they have that pertain to…
Trying to teach your kids about oral hygiene can be tricky, but with a little help from your local children's dentist, you can make the process much easier and have them wanting to keep their teeth healthy on their own. It all starts with knowing how to teach them about oral hygiene and how to…