Helpful Dental InformationWatertown, MA
At Pediatric Dental Arts, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Watertown, MA patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our dental office at (617) 209-6434.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. Dr. Raffa, can provide your child with a variety of solutions. All three methods allow for your child to eat and speak clearly, while also restoring your child’s smile. However, each procedure has distinct advantages that the other may not provide. To find out which procedure would work best for your child, call 617-209-6434.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Pediatric Dental Arts, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Watertown office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At Pediatric Dental Arts, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Watertown
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
For your child’s dental care, a pediatric dentist should be your No. 1 resource for care, prevention and treatment. Going to the dentist can be an anxious visit, even for adults. For a child, it is critical to feel comfortable and at ease in the dentist’s chair. Luckily, there are some tactics you can use…
A pediatric dentistry office specializes in caring for children’s oral health. These dentists also educate parents on how to teach their children oral hygiene at home. The dentist offers suggestions for regular brushing, supervision and additional preventive treatments. Oral hygiene includes brushing, flossing and mouthwash use depending on the child’s age and abilities.The reality is…
The eruption of baby teeth is a milestone in a child’s development, and it also means it is time to see the pediatric dentist. Many parents are usually not bothered about dental care for their toddler. However, the American Academy of Pediatric Dentist advises that children should have their first dental visit before their first…
A kid friendly dentist assists parents and their child through each step of teeth development, from the first emerging tooth to the removal of wisdom teeth if necessary during the teenage years. It is helpful for parents to learn more about dental milestones for chilren and how a kid friendly dentist can help with each…