Helpful Dental InformationWatertown, MA
At Pediatric Dental Arts, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Watertown, MA patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our dental office at (617) 209-6434.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. Dr. Raffa, can provide your child with a variety of solutions. All three methods allow for your child to eat and speak clearly, while also restoring your child’s smile. However, each procedure has distinct advantages that the other may not provide. To find out which procedure would work best for your child, call 617-209-6434.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Pediatric Dental Arts, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Watertown office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At Pediatric Dental Arts, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Watertown
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
For your child’s dental care, a pediatric dentist should be your No. 1 resource for care, prevention and treatment. Going to the dentist can be an anxious visit, even for adults. For a child, it is critical to feel comfortable and at ease in the dentist’s chair. Luckily, there are some tactics you can use…
As your child’s teeth come in, a pediatric dentist can help confirm that the teeth are coming in properly. There are several milestones your child should be meeting. This includes losing the first baby teeth around six or seven. Read on to learn more.Between the ages of six and seven years, children will get the…
As soon as your child gets a tooth, it is good to take the child to see a pediatric dentist. Even one tooth is at risk of getting a cavity. The good news is that there are ways of preventing cavities in babies. Read on to learn more.Even before a baby’s first tooth comes through,…
Pediatric dental treatment is about more than the correction of dental health issues. It is about preventing them and making sure that a child grows up to have a great smile and good oral habits. This means that every kid needs a pediatric dentist for the duration of childhood and adolescence.Here are a few frequently…